Our delicious Caribbean veggie curry recipe.
Quick and easy to make.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (cubed)
- 1 pumpkin or butternut squash (cubed)
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- Black pepper
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 scotch bonnet
- 2 cups of water
- 200ml coconut milk
- 280g callaloo
- 2 tbsp. Veg. oil
- Add veg. oil to
pot, & then onions, garlic, scotch bonnet pepper & cook until softened.
- Add 2 tbsp of the curry powder & cook until dark brown. Add 200ml coconut milk, stir & make a curry paste.
- Add the pumpkin & sweet potatoes then season with the remaining curry powder with black pepper, paprika & ginger. Mix well. Then add 2 cups of water & cook the vegetables until soft.
- Pour the rest of the coconut milk into the pot & stir. Finally add the callaloo & mix together. Simmer for 5 minute\
Per serving: Kcals-746 Fat- 66.4g Protein- 5.5g