Student Health & Wellbeing
We provide students with meaningful information & resources for making healthy eating easier.
Improving student’s health & wellbeing helps can create a better learning experience for them, which ultimately benefits everyone. Students, who can develop life skills, are more likely to continue with & be successful in their academic studies.
Healthy eating can help students to develop & improve concentration, motivation & energy levels, so that they can realise their maximum academic potential.
Colleges, universities, student unions & university societies can offer learners a great opportunity to engage & support students to improve their healthy eating. Our engaging and affordable initiatives (see below) can form an integral part of a student wellbeing day or series of events.
Turn these healthy eating tips into routine to help to maintain concentration, memory & focus:
- Consume wholegrains (wholewheat pasta, wholemeal bread, Wholegrain rice) which release glucose slowly into the bloodstream, keeping you mentally alert throughout the day
- Regular eating will help to keep nutrient & energy levels stable, curbing the temptation of empty-calorie snacks
- Stay hydrated. Caffeine & sugary drinks should be kept to a minimum. Good choices include water, fruit juice, soups and watermelon
Choose healthy snacks to avoid the temptation of snacking on unhealthy food items. Healthier options include fruit, seeds & nuts
More detail is in our 5 Essential Student Tips blog:
Are You Planning A Student Health & Wellbeing Programme or Event?
We offer our expertise & our attention grabbing health & wellbeing initiatives. The activities are designed to fit around your timetable in order to be accessible for all students . Furthermore our activities are backed up by evidence based resources (booklets, fact sheets, leaflets etc), recipe cards & a variety of engaging visual aids.
Our engaging activities can relief stress & anxiety, & form an integral part of your health & wellbeing programme. We can offer bespoke packages or they can can stand alone & include:
- Healthy eating talks & workshops – (Healthy eating for Exams)
- Healthy cooking classes – Affordable quick & easy recipes
- Healthy cooking demonstrations
- Dietary advice – drop in 1 to 1 healthy eating advice clinics
- Cook n Move VR Game – engage your students with our BRAND NEW state of the art healthy eating game. Can you top the leader board?
- Smoothie bike – engage students with pedal powered vegetable / fruit smoothies