Student Health & Wellbeing
We provide students with meaningful information & resources for making healthy eating easier.
Colleges & universities provide a great environment to engage & support students to improve their health & wellbeing. Our affordable healthy eating initiatives can form an integral part of a student health & wellbeing day or programme.
Improving a students’ health & wellbeing can help them to concentrate more so that they can realise their maximum academic potential. However, making the right nutritional choices can be difficult, when you are in the middle of completing a dissertation or multi-tasking different assignments, healthy eating can drop to the bottom of a priority list.
Turn these healthy eating tips into routine to help to maintain concentration, memory & focus:
- Consume wholegrains (wholewheat pasta, wholemeal bread, Wholegrain rice) which release glucose slowly into the bloodstream, keeping you mentally alert throughout the day
- Regular eating will help to keep nutrient & energy levels stable, curbing the temptation of empty-calorie snacks
- Stay hydrated. Caffeine & sugary drinks should be kept to a minimum. Good choices include water, fruit juice, soups and watermelon
Choose healthy snacks to avoid the temptation of snacking on unhealthy food items. Healthier options include fruit, seeds & nuts
More detail is in our 5 Essential Student Tips blog:
Are You Planning A Student Health & Wellbeing Programme or Event?
We offer our expertise & our attention grabbing health & wellbeing initiatives. The activities are designed to fit around your timetable in order to be accessible for all students . Furthermore our activities are backed up by evidence based resources (booklets, fact sheets, leaflets etc), recipe cards & a variety of engaging visual aids.
Our engaging activities can relief stress & anxiety, & form an integral part of your health & wellbeing programme. We can offer bespoke packages or they can can stand alone & include:
- Healthy eating talks & workshops – (Healthy eating for Exams)
- Healthy cooking classes – Affordable quick & easy recipes
- Healthy cooking demonstrations
- Dietary advice – drop in 1 to 1 healthy eating advice clinics
- Cook n Move VR Game – engage your students with our BRAND NEW state of the art healthy eating game. Can you top the leader board?
- Smoothie bike – engage students with pedal powered vegetable / fruit smoothies