The Recipe- serves A lot
120g brown lentils
1 tin red kidney beans
1 tin of baked beans
1 tin of plum tomatoes
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
3 tsps of rapeseed oil
1 tsp tomato puree
1 tsp dried chilli flakes or fresh chilli to taste
1 tsp dried cumin
1 tsp cocoa powder
1 tsp ground coriander
Fresh coriander for serving or for tatse
- Cook the lentils in a large pan following manufacturers instructions.
- Heat oil in a large pan & fry the onion until soft (with a pinch of salt), then add & fry the garlic.
- Add a tbsp of water & add cumin & dry coriander. Stir & cook for 5 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils.
- Stir in the cocoa powder, tin tomatoes & baked beans & add chilli to taste.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serving suggestion – wholegrain rice or wholewheat tortilla wrap, Mexican salad with fresh coriander topping & a tbsp of mayo.
Click on the link below to view our cooking demo of the vegetarian lentil chilli.
100g Serving: Kcals 225, Fat 2.8g, Carbohydrates 19.6g, sugar 2.8g, Protein 7.7g, Fibre 3.8g