2 medium onions
4 cloves of garlic
2 celery stalks
2 red or yellow peppers
2 large carrots
2 tbsp of cream cheese
2 tins of plum tomatoes
sprinkle of sugar
2 vegetable stock cubes
- Heat a little olive oil in a pan then add the onions, fry until slightly softened.
- Add all the vegetables (chopped into small pieces) and fry gently.
- Crush the garlic and add to the pan. Cook gently until the veg has softened.
- Add the stock cubes, oregano, chilli flakes. Stir well.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and leave to simmer until the vegetables are soft and the liquid has reduced.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly before blending.
- Add the cream cheese to the blended sauce and finish with basil and a little sprinkle of sugar.
- Reheat and serve with pasta.