Health and wellbeing in education
Healthy Eating In Your schools, college or university
Healthy Eating Solutions successfully work in partnership with Food Freedom to offer Whole-approach Initiatives for ScHools (WISH). Our programme offers pupils and their families the confidence, skills and knowledge they need to cook, grow and enjoy nutritious and affordable food.
The aims of WISH are to:
- Reduce the BMI of obese children to a healthy range
- Help children to develop sustainable dietary modifications
- Increase levels of regular physical activity in children through small yet significant incremental changes
- To encourage support from the wider family to ensure continuity and adherence at home
- Raise the understanding of food allergies to reduce prejudice, stigma or bullying
- Prevent the risk of adverse food reactions in school
We are continuously developing our tailored packages to provide literacy and life skills learning, as well as improving healthy eating in schools, reducing the prevalence of childhood obesity and raising the awareness and knowledge of allergies/special dietary requirements.
WISH Activities and Workshops Include:
- Big Cook Little Cook Cooking Sessions
- Cooking involving drama, exercise or music
- Smoothie Bike
- Allergy Awareness
- Allergy Compliance
- Growing Foods
- Nutritional Advice
Obesity is still on the rise with more than a third of UK children classed as overweight/obese. Prevention is critical to avoid dietary-related health issues such as Type 2 diabetes and heart disease, which are being seen at increasingly early ages. We are convinced that learning about healthy eating in schools can play a significant role in tackling childhood obesity and other dietary-related diseases.