Classic Carrot Cake Ingredients 7 oz, 200 g wholemeal self-rising flour 3 tsp. mixed sweet spice 1 tsp. baking soda (bicar. of soda) 4 oz. 120 g soft brown sugar 1 oz, 50 g desiccated coconut 1 oz, 50 g broken walnuts 7 floz, 200ml rapeseed oil 4 oz, 120 g sultanas 2 medium carrots 2 tbsp. of orange juice 4 beaten eggs Method
- Pre-heat oven to 160C/300F/ Gas Mark 3
- Mix the first 6 dry ingredients together
- Mix in the rapeseed oil, sultanas, carrots & orange juice
- Add the beaten eggs & mix thoroughly
- Turn into greased loaf tin & bake for 50 mins, or until an inserted knife into the cake comes out clean.
- Mix the frosting ingredients together until smooth & runny
- Once cake has cooled, drizzle over the top back & forth. Let the icing drip down the sides.